Passivhaus is an internationally acclaimed building standard which significantly reduces the carbon footprint of buildings, making them both energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Provide a high level of occupant comfort
- Potentially improve health of occupants with respiratory disorders
- Be built with meticulous attention to detail, rigorous design and construction principles
- Generally need 90% less energy for heating
- Offer excellent insulation (300mm is normal)
- Focus on air tightness to minimise heat loss and improved comfort
- Offer Solar gain to provide heating
- Use a Heat Exchange System to improve air quality and retain warmth
- Minimise thermal bridging, to prevent cold spots and improve comfort
- Be successfully applied across all building styles including residential, office, community centres etc.
The main benefits:
- Eliminates future retrofit costs
- Zero fuel poverty in Passivhaus homes
- Negligible rent arrears in Passivhaus homes
- Greater comfort reported by residents
- Higher and long term tenant satisfaction
Take a look at our current development 'Carntyne Church' development as a flagship case study of Passivhaus.